Summer Student Internship – 2017
Position: Children and Media Ministry Assistant
Position Details: This position is approved for Canada Summer Job Grant with a rate of $10.85 per hour for 8 weeks with 40 hrs per week.
Start Date: Monday, July 3 2013
Application Deadline: June 10, 2017
Children and Media Ministry Assistant is a position created to assist the pastor of the church in day to day activities with specific responsibilities as stated below.
- Coordinating children ministries along with the children ministry leader in the areas of crafts, arts, games and science.
- Conducting children ministry sessions using various techniques such as puppet shows, story telling, acting and felt board stories.
- Coordinating the summer school/summer camp (Vacation Bible School – VBS) activities in the month of July along with the VBS director
- Assisting in the production and submission of the church’s TV Episodes for Eastlink community channel including anchoring, acting and producing content for Christian commercial breaks.
- Any other assistant the pastor may require in terms of the church’s day to day operations such as accounting, communication, maintaining a list of assets and ministry preparation, etc.
- Filling up the daily timesheet and weekly reports as required and participating in the weekly review meetings at the beginning/end of each week.
- A full-time student (only grade 11 or 12) in a secondary School (High School) during 2016-17 school year
- Must be returning to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- Upon hiring one must complete Criminal Record Checks and Vulnerable Sector Verifications
- Must have a deep growing personal faith in Lord Jesus Christ
- Must have passion to work among children
- Must have a strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Must be willing to appear in TV (our Eastlink community program)
- Must be a quick learner and willing to carryout tasks in unknown areas with help and guidance
- Must be a creative thinker
- Having innovative ideas for media ministry is desired
- Having experience in media (audio & video) producing, recording and editing is highly desired
- Having presentable appearance for TV is essential
If you meet all of the above requirements, send your application by one of the methods below.
- Download the fillable PDF form, fill, save and send as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the form, fill, save, print and send through Canada Post
- Download the form, print, fill by hand writing and send through Canada Post
- You can always drop it in the mail box at the building.
Only the candidates who meet most of the above requirement will be called for personal interview.
261 Bedford Hwy.
Halifax, NS B3M 2K5 Canada