The six Psalms 113-118 are known as the “Egyptian Hallel”. Psalm 113 is an introductory Psalm that could be divided into three sections as below.
• Praise Unbounded – There is no limit how much we can praise our God. God wants us to praise Him from morning till evening and forevermore.
• God Unconfined – Let’s not limit God with what we know, but allow God to work in and through our lives without any restrictions. —-more—-
• Favor Undeserved – Let God raise us from our situation to a much higher leave that we don’t even deserve. Let His favor remove the barrenness that is in our lives and produce more natural and spiritual children.
Here is the one line summary of Psalm 113 – When we raise Unbounded Praises to the Unconfined God, we will see the Undeserved Favor coming upon His People.
Psalm 148 is the most solemn and earnest call to all the creations to praise the creator according to their capacity.
• Human is not the only creature that praises God, human is one among the many creatures that praise God.
• All creatures other than angels and human beings bring Glory to God by simply being themselves and fulfilling their God given roles in the created order. —-more—-
• When God expects all of His creations including angels, sun, moon and stars, sea creatures, birds and animals, kings, princes, judges, young and old, men and women, to praise Him, if we as human don’t praise Him, He will make the stones to cry out to Him.
He has exalted the horn of His people who praise Him and lifted them up with all honor, glory, strength and power.
Psalm 146 could be summarized as below.
• If we Know our God (V 6-9) and Do What He Says (V3-5), we will not die, but we will Live to Praise Him (V1-2 & 10).
• We know Our God who is a Creator, Giver, Miracle Worker, Champion & Encourager, Guardian & Protector & Defender of Widows and Orphans.
• And if we do what he wants us to do by trusting Him and being Happy, We must not die, but live in order to praise Him.
In Psalm 71, David is painting a picture of life to portray how Praise is involved in all the phases of life right from birth till death. God wants us to praise Him continuously. Living Praise lives along with us all through our lives. Psalm 71 can be sectioned as below.
• Miracle of the Past – Start praising God for creating you, your children,—-more—- the unborn, still not conceived, those who failed to make it from the mother’s womb.
• Wonder of the Present – In the midst of adversities, hardships and trials, God can make you a wonder to many when your mouth is filled with – not evil words, not negative words, not empty words, but praises to God.
• Favor of the Future – Old age could be complex. You need God’s favor to survive in that age, and that favor comes from our continual praises to God.
• Purpose of the Rest – The purpose of the rest of your life is to declare God’s strength and power to the next generation. Ministering to your own children and involving yourself in children and youth ministry.
Zechariah 9:12 Return to the stronghold, You prisoners of hope. Even today I declare That I will restore double to you.
In this year 2021, God is extending an invitation for us to return to the stronghold, that is God Himself. Also God is declaring a double restoration for us. —-more—-If we return to the city of refuge, the Stronghold, we will see God’s favor in our lives as He is going to restore double of those things that we lost in the previous years.