God wants us to foresee the danger of “Mental Illness” coming on our way and prepare ourselves accordingly. Bible recommends us to remember certain things, do certain things and not to do certain things.
1. Remember, You are not alone in this battle
2. Remember, It’s not your fault—-more—-
3. Going away from God is not an option
4. Don’t fight this battle alone
5. Have a positive attitude
6. Confront your fear & anxiety with confidence
7. Remember, God is closer to those who are suffering.
Our mind is a battlefield and most of life’s battles are either won or lost in our mind. We allow enemy to intrude, trespass, encroach and take control or possession of minds in a gradual way and often without being noticed. Today our emotions are attacked constantly. Why are we not doing anything about it when we are emotionally attacked?—-more—- God wants us to fight back. When the devil harasses us with his lies, God wants us to refute or fight back his lies with the truth of God’s Word. Listen to the sermon to learn how to do this.
Do not sorrow – is a command to obey (Nehemiah 8:10)
• Being unhappy defiles the holiness of God. Because God doesn’t want us to be unhappy in the day that is holy to our God.
• When we are sorrowful and unhappy, we degrade the ability of God.
• When we worry about the things that are not in our control, we are—-more—- saying that God you are not worthy of my trust anymore. God is telling us that the joy of the Lord is our strength.
• Joy of the Lord comes from knowing who our God is
• Joy of the Lord comes by trusting Him
• Joy of the Lord comes by having a relationship with God
• Joy of the Lord comes from the infilling of the Holy Spirit
There are definite things or essential things that Bible instructs or commands us to do or not to do. But there are disputable things or doubtful things or non-essential things the Word of God deals with. While dealing with such things,
1. We exercise the great freedom we have in Christ, but it is not a freedom where love is absent, its not a freedom that gives us right to sin, it is not even a freedom that gives us right to cause someone else to sin.
2. We do not cause confusion and do anything that destroys peace
3. We do not do anything that doesn’t help others to grow in Christ
4. We do not destroy the work of God by debating and standing firm on it
5. We do not make others stumble and walk away from faith
6. We keep it between ourselves and God, do not let others know and do not expect others to do
7. If we are convinced in our heart what we are doing is right, we don’t feel guilty
8. If we have doubt whether to do it or not, better not to do it, otherwise we are sinning as it is against our conscience.