As a final sermon in this series of sermons on Mental Illness, we discussed how the following situations and events of our life can lead us into mental illness.
1. Discouragement leading to mental illness
2. Past hurts leading to mental illness—-more—-
3. Too many voices wearing us out
4. Ego leading to mental illness
5. Stress, Anxiety, Confusion, Panic attack, Worry, Fear, Sadness, Sorrow leading to mental illness
Listen to the sermon to know how you can overcome such common challenges of life.
There are mental challenges in our day to day life. God wants you and I to deal with them, not to give into them.
• Your inability to concentrate is a mental condition that needs to be dealt with, avoid distractions and start focusing on something useful.
• You suddenly losing strength is affecting your life and those who are around you, you need God’s strength that will help you to keep going—-more—-
• Too many voices in your life caused you into a depressed state of mind, you need to listen only the voice of your good shepherd.
• Your emotional outbursts make you behaviorally inconsistent and socially unfit, you need to find rest in Jesus as He makes it easy and light for you
• Quitting may not be an option for you as God has greater plans for you in those areas you are planning to quit.
Devil causes some of the most common mental illnesses and if we are careful, we can overcome such attacks easily. He brings sicknesses on our way, if that doesn’t work he throws family issues and if that doesn’t work, he brings mental illnesses. Today the Devil is attacking lives and telling lies in their ears.—-more—-
• He throws negative thoughts in our minds and makes us to get discouraged.
• He makes us to think so low about us that we feel inadequate to do anything.
• He makes us to lose our enthusiasm so that we become useless for anyone.
• He causes us to worry unnecessarily and robs the joy out of our lives
• He convinces us of not having any purpose and use for our existence and makes us ineffective.
Listen to the sermon to know how you can keep yourself not getting attacked by the devil.
Mental illness is caused by both physical and spiritual causes. Whatever may be the cause of your mental illness, whatever my be the clinical diagnosis, it doesn’t matter how many counseling session you had, even if you are treated by the best psychiatrists in the world, the ultimate healing for mental illness comes only from God. But certainly, there is a part you need to play from your side. Here they are,—-more—-
• Do not allow Fear to control your mind, it will lead to mental illness.
• Do not allow Disobedience to control your mind, it will lead to mental illness.
• Do not allow Anger to control your mind, it will lead to mental illness.
• Do not allow Unforgiveness & Bitterness to control your mind, it will lead to mental illness.