- Be humble
Humble to the point that one is in need of deliverance.
James 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
- Be honest
Anything can go wrong in anyone’s life. But being honest will open the door for God’s grace and shut the door for the enemy.
- For deliverance, you need to choose between dignity and deliverance.
- If are worried about your dignity, your problem is pride
Proverbs 28:18(ESV) Whoever walks in integrity will be delivered, but he who is crooked in his ways will suddenly fall.
- Confess your faith in Christ
It is important to have a right understanding on who Christ is, not to the world, but to you as an individual. His Lordship, Saviour, Healer, Deliverer, One who hung on the cross, one who shed His blood, One who rose from the dead, Soon coming savior, etc.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Confess any known sin
All known sins need to be confessed with a real sorry attitude from the heart that is burdened with sin. Keeping it in stops the blessings, releasing it out brings deliverance.
Proverbs 28:13 He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Repent of all sins (without repentance there is no deliverance)
Make a decision within the heart to walk away from the sin. Make a commitment that you will never turn back again.
Acts 3:19Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
- Break with occult, curses and new age related
1 John 4:3 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
Any attempt to be in touch with the spirit world, watching such movies, combining spirituality and superstition, faith healing, fortune-telling and transmigration of souls, etc.
If you subscribe to any of the below beliefs of new age, you need to break and confess.
- Jesus was not and is not the only Christ, nor is he God.
- “God” is impersonal, cosmic, a God of energy forces.
- Man is himself God, for he consists of and is the creator of “the forces.” Man already exercises the powers inherent in his divinity and needs only to awaken to this fact.
- Man should seek and accept spiritual instruction and direction directly from the spirit world.
- All religions and religious teachings lead to the same goal. All are equally of merit.
- The “ancient wisdom” of Babylon, Egypt and Greece – not the Bible – is the basis of all truth.
- Sin and evil do not exist. Peace and love are the ultimate realities.
- Forgive others
Even you need to forgive your parents, teachers, boss, government and God.
Matthew 6:14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
- Inner healing
Many times when a person has been abused, rejected, wounded, or hurt in some way, there is an emotional wound that needs to be healed. Demons will use these wounds and weaknesses against the person, as leverage to hold them in bondage.
Isaiah 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
- Release those hurt, painful and fearful emotions into the hands of Jesus
- Realize the love of God for you; this will help you open up and receive inner healing
- Extend forgiveness towards those who have hurt you
- Realize who you are in Christ
- Stop feeding on lies of insecurity, guilt, and pain (Jesus took your pain!)
- Forgive yourself – see yourself as God sees you
- Speak to the pain and release it into Jesus’ hands
- Tearing down strongholds
Strongholds are incorrect thinking patterns that people develop over time, and are often set up and nurtured by demons through lies and deception.
- The first one, where you see God incorrectly.
- The second one, where you see yourself incorrectly
- Tear down a strongholds
2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
- Removing legal rights:
Legal rights are things that give demons permission to enter and remain in our lives. Before demons can often be cast out, it is important to address and remove these legal rights.
- Sins (especially willful sins)
- Soul ties
- Demonic vows
- Childhood rejection
- Points of weakness
- Spoken self-curses
- Cursed objects
- Renounce demons
- Cut off all connections to your ancestors.
a. Do you have ancestors who have struggled with similar problems or bondage?
b. Did your bondage start as a child and appear to have no reason to be there?
c. Do you have siblings who suffer from similar bondage or oppression?
Identify any root that may connect you with your past generations.
Such as names, keeping and/or using the articles used by them, seeing them in dreams, hanging their photos, etc.
Any known and unknown sin of the ancestor. – confess and ask for forgiveness.
Expose them. Ask the fire of God to burn them, allow the Word of God to cut them off and the blood of Jesus to wipe them away.
- Expel or Cast the demon out
Take action – In Greek and Hebrew the word for spirit is the same word for breath, breath out let the spirit go in Jesus name.
- Knowledge of your authority in Christ Jesus over the powers of the enemy,
- Faith in that authority.
Mark 1:25&26 But Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” 26 And when the unclean spirit had convulsed him and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him.
- Follow-up and Fellowship
It is very important to follow-up with the individual once the bondage is broken. Demons always come back and check if that individual is vacant and available for occupancy.
Matthew 12:43-45 43 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. 44 Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. 45 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.”
- Regular church going and fellowship is important.
- Regular attendance in Bible study is important
- Regular participation in any anointing and revival meeting is required to keep the life safe from future damage.