Position status: Open
Nature of position: Volunteer
Work location: In-person training if possible and work remote
Since we are a nonprofit, we have Google Adwords grant available and we are looking for a volunteer who will help us optimize our campaigns and maximize the amount of usage for the monthly grant. The volunteer will be responsible to create, monitor, and manage all Google Ads campaigns.
Our goal is to reach out to our local and online communities about the good work HIPM is doing.
Requirements & Skills needed:
- +18 years old.
- Experience with social media.
- Previous experience with Google Ads. is not mandatory, but willingness to help and do a lot of self learning is sufficient.
- Internet connection.
Required atleast 3hrs. of work weekly and 1hr. for weekly review meeting.
Required training will be provided. Willingness to learn is essential.
Minimum Commitment Needed:
Minimum six months commitment is required as training is involved.
Position status: Closed
This position is approved under Canada Summer Job Program with a rate of $13.10 per hour for 8 weeks with 40 hrs per week.
- Position Title: Office Administrator
- Number of positions: One
- Position Description: Even though the job title is “Office Administrator”, this position involves mixed responsibilities that are relevant to support the critical activities of the church as detailed below.
- Anticipated Position Start Date: May 3, 2021
- Start receiving application: In April, 2021
Who can apply?
Must be a youth who
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment; who is legally allowed to work in NS
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or an immigrant under Refugee Protection Act
- completed secondary/post-secondary/diploma/degree and continuing/not continuing their studies
Note: International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Must have a passion to work in a church office setup
- Must have a strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Must be a quick learner and willing to carryout tasks in unknown areas with help and guidance
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Prefer to have documentation skills including documenting practices and procedures of the church
- Prefer to have accounting background, but not mandatory
This position includes the following responsibilities of assisting the pastor in his weekday’s activities.
- Filing and maintaining documents and records
- Assisting in maintaining church accounts
- Tracking pledge and fundraising activities
- Assisting in updating and maintaining asset records
- Assisting the church board in preparing necessary reports for board meeting
- Helping in the evaluation of a church management systems
- Simple data entry works to maintain church database such as member database, songs database, etc.
- Assisting the promotional activities of the church
Even if there is no prior experience, training and guidance will be provided as long as the above criteria are met and there is passion to work and to develop new skills.
Upon hiring, one must complete Criminal Record Checks. This background check is free for the candidate.
If you meet the above requirements, send your latest resume as attachment along with one paragraph stating, “Why do you think you are the best fit for this position” in the email.
Our email address: [email protected]
Only the candidates who meet most of the above requirements will be called for personal interview.