Here is the highlight of the sermon.
1. Do not allow pain to settle down in your heart when those who are dear to you raise against you
2. When frustrations mount up, you feel like escaping, but hold on, God is causing confusion among your enemies and they are going to run away in seven ways—-more—-
3. Remember, God needs you, You need you and Others need you, so take a good care of you when you are insulted and offended
4. Forget revenge, not even have a bad attitude when something happens to your enemy, instead, give him bread to eat and water to drink.
Listen to the sermon to learn more on this topic.
For some reason God doesn’t tell what is far ahead of us instead God shows us only one step at a time. We need to know just one step, not miles ahead.
God shows only one step because,
• We need to know what is just in front of us—-more—-
• Next step is crucial for the rest of the steps
• We need to live our today
God doesn’t show miles ahead because,
• We worry about our future
• We become self sufficient
• We grow in maturity as we walk
God wants you to rise, take up your bed and walk so that your destiny can be changed. We learned couple of truths from John ch.5 as part of this sermon.
Truth #1 – Your destiny is not going to change unless you are willing for a change—-more—-
Truth #2 – It is time to pickup your bed, say good bye to your past where there is no hope and move forward
Truth #3 – Do not allow others, past failures, self pity and bitterness to prevent you from moving forward
If you are, willing to change and willing to leave your past, now you must be willing to step into your new future. Now that you got unstuck from your past, God wants you to take actions towards moving into your future without getting afraid of failures. Your past failure, self pity and resentment or bitterness can stop you from moving forward towards your new destiny. Deal with them with the help of God, He will help you to change your destiny.
God appeared to children of Israel in the wilderness and went before them as a Pillar of Cloud by Day and a Pillar of Fire by Night. Understanding the nature of cloud and fire helps us to understand the nature of God himself.
Cloud Hides, Fire Reveals – God protects as a mother hen protects her chicks, God also reveals His plans concerning your future—-more—-
Cloud Cools, Fire Heats – God comforts you like a mother, but at the same time he rebukes and instructs us to correct ourselves
Cloud Produces, Fire Consumes – When we obey God, He gives us everything, but when we disobey Him, He destroys what is given.
The same God who protects also reveals, same God who comforts also rebukes, the same God who grows also destroys.
Peter committed a great sin of denying the Lord. That sin resulted in guilt & shame leading him to quit. This sermon is a call to invite you to put yourself in Peter’s shoes to understand the emotional struggles Peter went through after committing sin. This sermon will encourage you to understand and support those who are walking in Peter’s shoes. —-more—-This sermon also teaches us not to be hard on ourselves when we handle guilt in our lives, instead to handle guilt with much grace and compassion.
As we run our race, we either look at other’s race or we allow others to control our race.
• Do not look at other’s race to compare, worry and try to run like them.
• Do not allow others to control your race by their opinions and ideas.
• Do not run to please people than pleasing God.—-more—-
• Do not run to win their favor, win God’s favor.
• Do not allow others to distract you while running your race.
You can easily lose your reward by listening to people if you don’t listen to the Holy Spirit.
The question is, “Why are we afraid of death and why do we struggle to handle the pain of losing our loved ones?”
Here are the highlights of the sermon:
• If our love on God is deep enough, we will be well prepared to handle the end days of our lives or the lives of our dear ones.
• Your deep love is only for God, rest of your love for human must be shallow.—-more—-
• Our love cannot be concentrated around our family, it is to spread among those who are in touch with us.
• Paul says, When one member suffers, all the members suffer, He is not talking about Blood Relation here.
• God doesn’t expect you to grieve different when your family member is lost than how you grieve for the loss of your fellow believer.
• When our God, the Father and Son Jesus love others, how can we, His followers are unable to love others? There is something wrong in the way we follow God.
• When we love God, when we love our neighbors as we love ourselves, we will face death with no fear, and we will handle the loss with much grace and hope.
What can you do when your faith is overtaken by situations, feelings & emotions and denials?
• When situations are adverse,
• When feelings and emotions burst out of your heart,
• When your prayer is not answered,—-more—-
Do not let your faith go down.
Remember, God’s power works the best in your adversities, in your tears and in your loses. Listen to the sermon to know how to handle such moments in life.
Here are the highlights of the sermon:
• Having deep faith in Christ doesn’t prevent one from grieving.
• We don’t grieve like the rest of the people do, but we do grieve with hope
• Do exactly what Jesus did in times of loss – Grieve with those who grieve, but grieve with hope.—-more—-
• We are not afraid of death as death has no power in us
• Bring this hope and comfort to those who are not grieving with hope.
Listen to the sermon to know how to handle grief.
Feeling lonely is not that strange and weird. Loneliness is not God’s choice
• Jesus not only understands our loneliness, he also destroyed it.
• God is not the reason for your loneliness: Loneliness is not a bad thing
• Your loneliness can help you to achieve what you wanted to achieve in life
• Your loneliness can help you to define and re-define your calling—-more—-
• Your loneliness can enlarge your heart to love others
Holy Spirit is our helper always with us to remove our loneliness.