Prepared by: Grace George
Driving yourself to accomplish goals and tasks.
Steps to Self Motivation
- Start Small – Identify areas of trouble
- What needs to be done and what is stopping you from doing it?
- This could be personal tasks or work related tasks.
- What is stopping you: Lack of motivation? Procrastination?
- Know who you are – Self Analyze
- What personally motivates you?
- Do you work better in certain conditions?
- Do you need a routine?
- Change Attitude
- Try to keep a positive attitude.
- See the good in bad situations
- Simple goals and Simple “triggers” to pick you up
- Break up the task into smaller tasks
- Set small goals and triggers to reach your ultimate goal
- Impose a deadline – Do not wait for the right mood
- Interact with family and friends
- Motivate each other
- Track progress – Analyze and Reflect
- What works and what does not work?
- Take responsibility if you don’t reach you goal and set new goals to do better
- Reward yourself
- Be kind to yourself