Prepared by: Harshitha Clara Daniel & Grace George
A mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life. Causes of depression, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems.
- Christianity and Depression – Dr. Aaron Kheriaty
- “I’m Fine” – Learning To Live With Depression | Jake Tyler | TEDxBrighton
- On living with depression and suicidal feelings | Sami Moukaddem | TEDxLAU
Faith is the assurance that the things revealed and promised in the Word are true, even though unseen, and gives the believer a conviction that what he expects in faith, will come to pass.
- Faith – And The Power It Brings You | Eric Smith
- Billy Graham: Technology, faith and human shortcomings
Happiness is that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can’t help but smile. Choose to be happy with who you are right now and allow your joy to shape your present and your future. Do the things that make you happy more often, spend time with those who bring out your smile and create your own happiness
- What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness | Robert Waldinger
- You Don’t Find Happiness, You Create It | Katarina Blom | TEDxGöteborg
- The Formula to Happiness | Sofia Khaledi | [email protected]
A process that starts with a physiological or psychological deficiency or need that activates a behavior or a drive that is aimed at a goal or incentive.
- The psychology of self-motivation | Scott Geller | TEDxVirginiaTech
- The puzzle of motivation | Dan Pink
True love feels like knowing that your partner will make space to sit and listen and hear you. True love feels like looking at the other, and knowing that they are really looking back at you, not a projection or the person they think you should be.
- How to love and be loved | Billy Ward | TEDxFoggyBottom
- My journey to self love | Dr Andrea Pennington | TEDxPeterborough
- How to Love Yourself to the Core | Jen Oliver | TEDxWindsor
If you feel hopeless, you feel very unhappy because there seems to be no possibility of a better situation or success
- Nick Vujicic | TEDxNoviSad
- Finding Hope in Hopelessness | Peta Murchinson | TEDxSydney
- Embracing Hopelessness | Mike Simpson | TEDxSFU
How to practice emotional first aid
An emotional first aid kit is simply a list of emotional wellness tools that can provide an immediate, although the temporary, positive effect on the way we think and feel, especially important to be able to work through emotional walls and times when negative symptoms are intense
The importance of self-care
Self-care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. Self-care is important to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
How to create meaningful connections while apart
A mental health disorder characterized by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities. Life situations may trigger excessive anxiety — for example, a death in the family, work stress, or ongoing worry about finances.
- How to cope with anxiety | Olivia Remes | TEDxUHasselt
- Overcoming Anxiety | Jonas Kolker | TEDxTheMastersSchool
- Breaking The Loop of Anxiety | Colin Bien | TEDxLeuphanaUniversityLüneburg
Broken heart symptoms, such as chest tightness and shortness of breath, can seem like a heart attack. It occurs when psychological distress triggers a sudden weakness of the heart muscle
- How to fix a broken heart | Guy Winch
- Perfectly broken and ready to Heal | Robin Youngson | TEDxTauranga
- Use Your Broken Heart to Find Your Greatness | Sherry Saturno | TEDxWCC
Loneliness can be normal and is only an indicator of underlying disease when feelings become excessive, all-consuming, and interfere with daily living. Loneliness causes people to feel empty, alone, and unwanted. People who are lonely often crave human contact, but their state of mind makes it more difficult to form connections with other people.