Prepared by: Orena Woods
The Word of God is a medicine to our body, soul and spirit. Here are some scriptures that will encourage you when you are emotionally down.
Help in times of trouble
- John 14:27 Peace leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Psalm 121:2 My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Psalm 31:24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
- Ecclesiastes 9:4 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
- Job 11:18 You will be secure because there is hope you will look about you and take your rest in safety.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- 2 Timothy 1.7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Answer to Prayer
- Matthew 21:22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
- 1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Hebrew 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
- Psalm 9:9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- Psalm 37:3 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
- Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
- Psalm. 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
- Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, oh people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
- Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you.
- Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
- James 5:14-15 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.
- James 5:6 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- Psalm 6:2 O Lord, heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror.