Canada Summer Job
This position is approved under Canada Summer Job Program with a rate of $12.55 per hour for 8 weeks with 35 hrs per week.
- Number of positions: One
- Position Description: Even though the job title is “Accounting Assistant”, this position involves mixed responsibilities that are relevant to support the critical activities of the church as detailed below.
- Position Start & End Date: Between 2020/06/29 – 2020/10/16
- Application deadline: July 4, 2020
Who can apply?
Must be an individual who
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment; who is legally allowed to work in NS
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or an immigrant under Refugee Protection Act
- completed secondary/post-secondary/diploma/degree and continuing/not continuing their studies
Note: International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Must have a passion to work in a church office setup
- Must have a strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Must be a quick learner and willing to carryout tasks in unknown areas with help and guidance
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Prefer to have documentation skills including documenting practices and procedures of the church
- Prefer to have accounting background, but not mandatory
This position includes the following responsibilities of assisting the pastor in his weekday’s activities.
- Accounting and office administration
- Documenting operational procedures, practices and guidelines
- Preparing content for media and website
- Any other tasks that may arise to support the critical activities of the church during the pandemic situation
Even if there is no prior experience, training and guidance will be provided as long as the above criteria are met and there is passion to work and to develop new skills.
Upon hiring, one must complete Criminal Record Checks. This background check is free for the candidate.
If you meet the above requirements, send your latest resume as attachment along with one paragraph stating, “Why do you think you are the best fit for this position” in the email.
Our email address: [email protected]
Only the candidates who meet most of the above requirements will be called for personal interview.