The Apostle James is giving guidelines on how to plan for our future in James 4:13-16. We are totally incapable of planning for our future as this life is passing and we don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. James is advising us not to predict tomorrow, instead we ought to say that I don’t know my tomorrow and I am totally depending on God.—-more—- Trying to plan our future based on the predictions and our knowledge without knowing God’s will is considered as arrogance and is a sin in the sight of God. Here are the highlights of the sermon.
1. We plan our lives based on what we know
2. We don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow
3. Our life is passing, there is no way we can plan anything beyond today
4. God’s plan for us is totally different from what we have planned for our future
5. Going ahead with our plans, not knowing God’s will is considered as boasting and is evil.
Listen to the sermon to know more on how to plan our future.